This document complements the information statements on all our data collection forms.
For further information and to find out in which cases this document is mandatory, please leave a message at email@example.com.
Who are we? What is a DPO?
Marvell Avocats manages this website and the collection of data that you communicate to us via our website.
Our Firm has always attached great importance to the protection of personal data and undertakes to respect applicable law on the protection of personal data, namely the French Data Protection Act of 6 January 1978, as amended, and the GDPR.
Consequently, on May 25, 2018, our firm designated a "DPO", or Data Protection Officer. This person is in charge of centralising all issues related to the protection of personal data.
Contact our DPO
Our DPO can be reached easily. For any question on this subject, please do not hesitate to contact her by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Why do we collect your data?
The Firm may collect the Data that you provide to us:
- on the contact form;
- on the request form that you are formulating;
- on the recruitment forms;
- on the information and participation forms for our training courses;
- or during your browsing on the Site.
This Data is processed in order to:
- to answer your requests related to our activities;
- manage your registration to our training courses and their organization;
- send you our newsletters, communications and invitations to events that may interest you. All these communications and events are of a professional nature;
- improve your experience on our Site, in accordance with your legitimate expectations and our legitimate interest in your satisfaction with those.
Marvell Law Firm may also use your Data for administrative purposes or for any other purpose required by applicable law.
We never share your data
The Firm processes your data confidentially, with internal collaboration between the relevant departments of the Firm with respect to your requests.
For site maintenance and hosting purposes, some data may be accessible to our subcontractors who contractually guarantee us an identical level of protection for your data.
If required, any further data transfer would be subject to your consent.
Your data stays within the European Union
As a general rule, your data will not be transferred outside the European Union.
However, if your request concerns our offices in Brazil or Tel Aviv, naturally your contact data will be transferred to them. Our offices provide an appropriate level of protection for your data, guaranteed by the European Commission's adequacy decision with respect to Israel, and by a contract with our Brazilian office. To find out more about these guarantees, please contact our DPO.
How long is this data stored?
In accordance with the French Data Protection Act and the GDPR, our Firm only stores your data for as long as it is required for the purposes for which it has been processed. This period may be further extended to enable us to fulfil our legal, ethical and contractual obligations and defend our rights.
How do we protect your data?
In accordance with French legislation on data protection and the GDPR, and taking into account the present state of knowledge, the costs of implementation, and the nature, scope, context and purposes of such data processing, in addition to risks with regard to your rights and freedoms and the likelihood thereof, the Firm and its subcontractors take all suitable technical and organisational measures to ensure a level of security appropriate to the risk, and to prevent notably the destruction, loss, modification, unauthorised disclosure, or unauthorised access to your data.
What are your rights over your data and how can you exercise them at Marvell Avocats?
Within the limits and reserves provided by the law you have rights with respect to your personal data (Articles 15 to 20 of the GDPR). Within the limits of their application on the website, these rights consist of:
- the right to obtain confirmation that your data is being processed by Marvell Avocats, and information on how such data is processed,
- the right to access your data,
- the right to rectify data that is inaccurate or incomplete,
- the right to request the deletion of data that no longer needs to be retained,
- the right to limit the processing of your data if your data has been used,
- the right to be notified of updates to your data,
- the right to portability of data you have provided through automated processes,
- the right to define guidelines regarding what will happen to your data after your death,
- the right to object on legitimate grounds to the processing of your data, or simply to commercial prospecting.
To exercise these rights, you must give proof of your identity and make a request by email to email@example.com. We will respond to your request as soon as possible.
The Commission Nationale de l’Informatique et des Libertés (" CNIL")
We remind you that for any question or claims you may have, our DPO stay at your all disposal. In case the answer is not compliant with the GDPR, you that you can contact the CNIL directly via their website www.cnil.fr or by mail to the following address: Commission Nationale de l'Informatique et des Libertés, 3 Place Fontenoy - TSA 80715, 75334 PARIS CEDEX 07.
See you soon !